Welcome to the website for SMART-TD Local 1933.
Next Union Meeting
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
130pm (RVR) Kickback Jack's
Broad Street, Richmond VA 23060
Your questions, concerns, and input are important even if you cannot physically attend a meeting!
The new phone number is (515) 604-9746. Contact a local officer for the new access code.
iLMS: Vacations changes can now be performed through the iLMS system. It's available for download, online, or the PTT. You can schedule a week, single day, personal day. The waitlist is available for employees as well. If you want to schedule your personal day off or multi-day trips you will need to go through your VLC. More info is available if needed. Please see the LC or your VLC.
H-Type Coupler Procedures: With recent train separation incidents, it was found that a coupler knuckle can partially lock potentially allowing the knuckle to re-open. Because of this an add'l validation procedure I need after every coupling. The current validation through the double stretch method alone is not sufficient.
Effective immediately, it is not required to check after the equipment is coupled together:
1. The coupler operating rod is fully lowered and seated in its rod bracket.
2. The coupler telltale hole or recess is fully visible and the rotary lock lift has fully dropped.
3. A coupler pin, a 3/4' diameter rod or pry bar form the emergency tool kit shall be inserted into the rotary lock lift of an H-type coupler.
* a pin shall not remain in the rotary lock lift of an H-type coupler.
Trai 50/51 and 29/30 will have coupler pins required for coupling equipment.
Reference OSA 19-16
2019 Safety Video Challenge: Videos have to be submitted no later than 5pm on May 24, 2019. The video should have the following:
Upload video to SystemSafety@amtrak.com.
- Submit a 3 mins (or less) original video that highlights how you create a safe environment for our colleagues and our customers.
- be creative and fun
- use any style (comedy, musical, etc.)
- team effeort
- Make sure the video has a title, participants names and titles, and Department.
- Use a digitial format (cellphone, digitial camera, etc.)
- Save it in a mp4 or mov file format.
- Make a video appropriate for general public viewing.
- No obscene language, unsafe environment, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, unlawful material.
The top 5 videos will be determined by a panel of judges. Employee voting will be in June. The top 3 videos will be awarded.
Mentoring New Hires: We realize that not everyone wants to post a new hire. It takes time and patience. We also realize that you still have a job to do while performing this service. Therefore, the union is working with management in creating of that want to assist in posting a new hire. We need people who will coach and give good feedback to the new hires If you are interested in being a mentor to new hires within your crew base, please send the LC an email with your name and current route(s). Amtrak has established parameters in which someone is allowed to be a Qualified Instructor (QI). IF you have issues with attendance or discipline in the last 12 months, you most likely won't be considered for QI.
Violation of UTU Rule 8A (Amtrak): Time is dwindling down for me to process time claims for the date 2/15-3/3. The master sheet or pay stub denials can be forwarded to me. Also, the job CWARG6 was not advertised on this past week's bulletin. You may put in time claims for this job as well.
Emails: If you are interested having your email added to the list please send it to the LC or give it to your VLC.
UTU PAC Form