Changes will need to be made in November 6-17, 2018. Click on title above for link and more information.
Amtrak Pass Rider Reservations
To book pass travel on Amtrak.com
, pass riders must first establish an account.
- If you do not have an account, go to the Amtrak.com homepage, click “Join,” and set up an account. You will receive a new Amtrak Guest Rewards number.
- If you have an account, you also have an Amtrak Guest Rewards number. Log into the account, select “My Profile,” and click “View/Edit.”
- Your profile edit screen has a section where you can indicate you are an Amtrak employee/retiree. Click that option, and a new window will open where you can enter your nine-digit Amtrak pass number and your three-digit index number.
- When you are done with editing or creating your profile, click “Save User Profile.” Now you can use yourAmtrak.com account to make pass rider reservations.
To make a reservation:
- Open the Amtrak.com homepage and log in.
- Under “Buy Tickets,” click “Pass Rider,” which will appear if you have added your pass number in your profile.
- On the next screen, indicate who in your pass file is traveling.
- Enter your travel details and click “Find Trains.”
- Choose any itinerary with “Add to Cart” in it. You can upgrade to Business class, First class or sleeper if the upgrade option can be selected.
- Complete the Passenger Information screen, if necessary, then click “Continue to Payment.”
- If the fare is not zero, you will need to add your credit card or eVoucher information.
- Read and agree to the “Terms & Conditions,” then click “Purchase.”
- A confirmation screen will be presented and your eTicket will be emailed to you. You can also display your eTicket on the mobile app on your smartphone. Present your eTicket and your identification to the conductor.
Here are some things to keep in mind before you begin:
- If you do not know your pass or index number, see or call an agent or call the Pass Bureau office.
- You cannot make changes to your reservation once it is ticketed. You will need to cancel and start over.
- To change your mind at any time in the booking process, click the “Back” button at the bottom of the screen or “Sign Out.”
Pass riders can use this process to reserve for the following types of travel:
- One way and round trip personal travel (and business travel if you have business pass privileges);
- Unreserved and reserved travel (but not together in one transaction);
- Non-Acela Express Business class and also Acela Express Business and First class (First class for personal pass travel only); and
- Sleeping car travel.
Many have questions regarding the breakdown of Local dues. Please see info below.
International dues: $31.50
Legislative dues: $7.00
Local dues: $15.00
GCA (General Committee of Adjustments): $46.86
LCA (Local Committee of Adjustments): $10.00
That's a total of $110.36 for dues only.
Many members have DIPP (Income protection), insurance premiums, policies, etc. being extracted when union dues are taken as well. Short term disability is $34.50/month. Long term disability is dependent on which plan was chosen: 50% Option is $73.88/month and 60% option is $51.63/month.
Pay Raise Calendar
July 1, 2018
July 1. 2019
July 1, 2020
July 1, 2021
Wear your safety glasses. Use proper radio procedures when communicating amongst crew members. Managers are watching!
Amtrak Mentor Pay
One hour Conductor's rate at $37.11. Use the code "AP".
New hire conductors that are posting pay is $20.00
**If you turn the angle cock for
any reason, you must perform a Class II brake test and engine brake test.
**claims are being processed by Labor Relations (must give to LC 30 days within the days of violation)
Short Crew Violations: Code "SC", UTU Agreement Rule 11 and a manifest helps.
Cells phone and Tablets: need to be turned off and stored away. Do not text on the eMD!
John Winans: Chief Transportation Officer
Lamar Bates: Manager of Safety and Compliance
Call the permanent speed restriction at NB 40mph CFP 58.4, 84.7, 104.3. SB at the CFP 105.2 and 84.8.
If you get called you have a right to call for union representation. Call me or a union employee before committing to questioning.