LCA 1933 Chairperson/ State Director Report
Here is a sample listing of the charge letters that I have received:
6 charge letters, 4 warning letters, 5 waivers
1 pending investigation
3 charge letters, 3 waivers
6 claims are being processed through Labor Relations this month so far.
Remember I need the claim within 30 days of the violation.
Labor Relations is going strictly by the letter of the agreement now.
Remember to use SC on job code when claiming crew consist violations.
UTU Rule 11 and I also need a manifest.
- PLB hearings in Philadelphia have not been scheduled for 2 members for 2014.
- Conductors please don't occupy more that 2 tables in the cafe car.
- Remember all personal phones must be off and stored away while on duty on the train.
- Random Qualification checks will be administered by management.
- Whenever there are fights or disruptions on the train don't get involved, call the Police right away.
- Safety glasses, please wear them. They are going to be looking at compliance.
- Conductors stay out of the cab of the engine until your duties require you to be there.
- If there are members that are putting your job at risk, please contact one of your local officers and let them resolve it before you go to management.
- If there are questions or concerns call me at 804-920-0691 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don't contribute to the UTU PAC, now is the time to do it. I have pledge forms available at the Union office. Please stop by to get one and Contribute.
- SMART Transportation Division Convention will be held on June 30, 2014 through July 2, 2014. The SMART General Convention will be held August 11th through the 15th, 2014.
- Mentor's pay in now 1 hour Conductor's rate pf pay, $33.62. Code is still AP.
- Please be mindful of not having carry-bys, they are starting to reoccur.
- Please be mindful of (HLD) held time in station, those times are being monitored.