Here is a sample listing of charge letters that I have received:
0 charge letters, 0 waivers
2 charge letters, 1 hearing pending, 1 waiver
3 claims are being processed through Labor Relations this month so far
- Remember I need the claim within 30 days of the violation. Labor Relations is going strictly by the letter of the agreement now. Remember to use SC on job code when claiming crew consist violations. UTU Agreement Rule 11 and I need the manifest as well.
- Conductors please don't occupy more than 2 tables in Cafe Car.
- Remember all personal phones must be off and stored away while on duty on the train.
- Safety glasses, please wear them. They are going to be looking at compliance.
- If there are members that are putting your job at risk, please contact one of your Local Officers and let them resolve it before you go to management.
- If there are any questions or concerns call me at 804-920-0691 or e-mail me at email@example.com
- If you don't contribute to the UTU Pac, now is the time to do it. I will have pledge forms available at the Union office. Please stop by to get one and Contribute.
- Mentor's pay is now 1 hour Conductor's rate of pay: $34.12, Code is still AP.
- WE STILL HAVE MEMBERS BEING CALLED INTO THE OFFICE AND NOT ADVISING AN OFFICER OF THE UNION THAT THEY ARE ABOUT TO BE INTERVIEWED BY MANAGEMENT. OUR MEMBERS JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY IN THOSE INTERVIEWS. THEY USUALLY COME OUT WITH A WARNING OR CHARGE LETTER. PLEASE ADVISE ALL MEMBERS IT WILL BE TO THEIR BEST INTEREST TO GET IN TOUCH WITH AN OFFICER BEFORE THEY GO IN FOR THAT INTERVIEW. IF NOT, THEY HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT THEMSELVES!