Here is sample listing of charge letters that I have received:
2 pending hearings in Charlotte NC crew base
3 claims are being processed through Labor Relations this month so far.
Still waiting on decision from our last PLB hearing.
1. Remember I need the claim within 30 days of the violation.
Labor Relations are going strictly by the letter of the agreement now.
Remember to use SC on job code when claiming crew consist violations. UTU Agreement Rule 11 and also I need a manifest.
You must submit a penalty claim if there is a contract violation. The denial of the penalty claim is what the Local Committee of Adjustment use for it appeal.
2. Conductors please don’t occupy more 2 tables in café car
3. Remember all personal phones must be off and stored away while on duty on the train.
4. . Safety glasses please wear them they are going to be looking at compliance.
5. If there are member that putting your job at risk please contact one of your local officers and let resolve it before you go to management.
6. If there any questions or concerns call me at 804-920-0691 or email me at email@example.com
7. If you don’t contribute to the UTU Pac now is the time to do it. I will have pledge form available at the Union office. Please stop by to get one and Contribute.
8. Mentor’s pay is now 1 hour conductor’s rate of pay $34.62, Code is still AP.
New Hire Posting pay is $20.00 for the member of crew is does the posting.
9. Crews must be mindful of spotting train at RVR station.
10. Remember if you turn the ankle cock for any reason you must do a Class 2 brake test and check if the engine brake test to see if the engine brake is operative.
11. There is a lot of track and construction work on the RF&P Subdivision, please stay focused on that piece of railroad
WE STILL HAVE MEMBERS BEING CALLED IN THE OFFICE AND NOT ADVISING AN OFFICER THAT ARE ABOUT TO BE INTERVIEWED BY MANAGEMENT. OUR MEMBERS JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY IN THOSE INTERVIEWS. THEY USUALLY COME OUT WITH A WARNING OR A CHARGE LETTER. PLEASE ADVISE ALL MEMBERS IT WILL BE TO THEIR BEST INTEREST TO GET IN TOUCH WITH AN OFFICER BEFORE THEY GO IN FOR THAT INTERVIEW.
12. New baggage and on certain trains a pet policy is in effect.
13.If you didn’t receive your performance bonus pay I must send it in to the General Chairperson office
14. Document all Safety Issue and send to me by email or leave in my mailbox.
15. Step Boxes-get the word out all crews that on their northbound trip please leave step boxes at ALX without fail.